
By Alric Lindsay
The Summary Court heard today, August 20, 2026, that Amoy Nicola Ashley left the jurisdiction while on bail and did not return for her trial, and that neither the court nor her lawyer had been able to reach her.
The court was told she left the Cayman Islands on June 20, 2026, the same day, it was said, that her work permit ended, and that she had been told about the trial date two days earlier, on June 18. Messages were sent to her yesterday and again this morning, with no response. Reportedly, her absence was confirmed by immigration and was a breach of her bail.
The Chief Magistrate indicated that a warrant would follow, saying that if Ashley believes she has a good case she should come back and have the matter dealt with.
Regarding another charge, the Chief Magistrate then dismissed a charge of failing to surrender, explaining that the charge had been improperly made by the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, because on August 3 a warrant had not in fact been issued, and so a failing to surrender charge should not have been laid.
Ashley faces allegations of criminal trespass and common assault.








